2012 Spring/Summer Trends
The Fashion Group Foundation says in it’s Ready To Wear report “If fashion really is a barometer of the times, we’re in for a colorful, spirited, happy-go-lucky spring/summer 2012″. Here is a list of what’s hot for the season but remember, whatever you choose to add to your wardrobe it must be in your personal style and shape. Personal style trumps runway fashion every time in my opinion so use this list as a guideline for what is current and what you might add to your wardrobe for the season.
- Color is key with tangerine leading the way for the season and green, yellow and red close behind. Yet, white is going to be big for the season as usual.
- It’s all about the prints this upcoming season and is showing up in some unlikely places like florals and tropicals. Gingham and paisley are coming back in a new way as well as scarf and photo prints.
- Pleats, pleats and more pleats remain in trend (knife, accordian, box, inverted and more).
- Peplums resurface in coats, jackets, corsets, vests and shorts.
- Lace is still in style along with crochet and macrame.
- Color blocking is key for the season in everything from tops, skirts, jackets and dresses.
- Leather stays in style for early spring in the form of motorcycle style jackets.
- Any length skirt goes (just make sure it fits your horizontal and vertical shape).
- The shoe of the season is the wedge closely followed by the pointy-toe pump, ankle bands and loafers.
- Looking for a new hot bag, choose white or one that is color blocked.
- Pearls are a must have and appear in necklaces, earrings, bracelets, hairpieces and more.
- Also hot for the season is vintage-inspired jewelry and crosses.
No matter what you choose from the list, it must be your personal style. By adding just one new piece each season you will update your look and your style. For more information about your personal style and what to wear visit www.DonnaGamache.com and click Blog. Don’t know your personal style? Enter your name and email address for a free personal style analysis.